Assistant House Manager
The assistant house manager helps ensure the residents receive care and support in an enriching environment. Other duties includes: provides direct supervision for the residents and staff; assists with ensuring the home runs in an efficient manner and is clean, sanitary, and homelike; assists with ensuring appropriate inventories of cleaning supplies and linens are maintained; coordinates the homes’ maintenance needs as directed; and ensures menus as well as individual diets are followed.
- Assists with the daily operations of the homes and is responsible for their operation.
- Provides initial and ongoing training to staff as outlined by policies, procedures, and program requirements.
- Assists in the supervision of residents.
- Assists in initial and ongoing implementation of resident’s program goals.
- Ensures daily documentation is completed.
- Provides training and physical assistance as required to residents in the areas outlined on individualized program plans.
- Acts as a member of resident’s support team and provides input for development of goals and objectives for resident’s ISPs.
- Keeps required documentation in a neat, orderly fashion.
- Determines and recommends materials, supplies, and equipment needs to the Residential Coordinator.
- Assists residents in shopping for clothing, personal care, and other necessary items.
- Ensures resident’s finances are documented as required.
- Keeps House Manager informed of matters related to residents and home operation.
- Ensures the home maintains an acceptable staffing ratio.
- Follows agency policies and procedures and serves as a role model which demonstrates positive social and ethical characteristics to residents and staff.
- Attends scheduled staff meetings unless excused by the Residential Coordinator.
- Participates in the on call rotation.
Requirements: High School Diploma/ GED. Must be able to be medication trained and authorized to pass medications.
For more information, contact Beth Brown (217)718-3756
Submit letters of interest to Beth Brown (firstname.lastname@example.org)