Director of Business
The Director of Business is responsible for the day to day management of all fiscal accounting and general business operations within Community Support Systems while providing support and guidance to the organizations leadership team to achieve the financial goals of the agency. This position is supervised and evaluated by the Executive Director.
- Maintenance of general ledger, prepare journal entries, grant and contract reporting.
- Preparation of annual budget and incorporation of program budgets into the accounting system to provide monthly financial reports.
- Supervises the preparation and maintenance of financial, accounting, and statistical records to support reports to the Executive Director, Board of Directors, funding sources, and government entities.
- Review, analyze, and recommend organizational structure based upon financial position and forecasting relating to strategic planning.
- Provides effective leadership and development to the organization’s Business Department personnel including payroll, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and other administrative support staff.
- Assures programs are funded through appropriate revenue streams to maintain profitability.
Qualifications, Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Accounting, Finance, or related field with coursework in bookkeeping and computers. Proficient in Microsoft Office, primarily Excel; experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP accounting software also a plus.
- Proven experience is preferred.
- Strong financial and accounting background including profit and loss, balance sheet, cash flow management, advanced cost allocation, GAAP, Medicaid and other third party billing, and general finance and budgeting
- Proven success in building strong and productive work teams while fostering staff development.
- 10 years accounting experience.
- 5 years supervisory experience.
All inquiries will be held in strict confidence.